skip to main content

Eglwyswrw Old School Community Centre, Eglwyswrw

Eglwyswrw Old School Community Centre, Eglwyswrw

The village lies in a predominantly rural area, six miles south west of Cardigan. The parish is in the heart of the Welsh speaking area of north Pembrokeshire and remains a bastion of the language. The population in 2001 was 732. The village square is the historical focal point for the village of Eglwyswrw. There are a number of important buildings surrounding the square; the parish church, Serjeants Arms and the “Armoury”. On the west side of the village are the remains of a small Norman motte. The village was important in earlier times, having several fairs, including the famous Meigan Fair which is still hled on the last Monday in November. The district court met in Eglwyswrw – a function that is remembered in the name of the Serjeants Arms. Today there are many businesses and services in Eglwyswrw, particularly agricultural and horticultural, however the village post office and shop has recently closed. The local primary school has round 130 pupils.



The Hall

The Old School Community Centre was once a Victorian School.  It was bought by the Eglwyswrw Community Council Association in the 1080's and after a complete refurbishment was opened in 1998.



The hire charge is £5.00 per hour.  The maximum capacity is around 100.


Registered charity number 512095


 


Features

Good heating
Well equiped kitchen


No stage


Contact

Mrs Margaret Griffiths   Tel:01239 891268

What's On At Eglwyswrw Old School Community Centre, Eglwyswrw

 

 



Location



Directions

The Old School is situated on the B4332 road just off the A487 road


Facilities

  • ParkingParking
  • 20 Disabled Spaces20 Disabled Spaces
  • Wheelchair Access to frontWheelchair Access to front
  • WCWC
  • Accessible WCAccessible WC
  • Accessible WC (Transfer Space Limited)Accessible WC (Transfer Space Limited)
  • Level EntranceLevel Entrance
  • Ramp (up)Ramp (up)
  • Ramp (down)Ramp (down)