Templeton lies in the heart of Pembrokeshire with a strong sense of community spirit. It is a small, friendly and close-knit village with a wealth of historical interest and community activities. It is approximatly 2 miles south of Narberth on the A 478 and within five miles of the coast at Saundersfoot. It has a population of about 850. The name Templeton is thought to derive from “The Templars Farm” (“Tun”). It is reputed that the Templars had some form of religious house here. The Order of Templars, founded about 1110, was dissolved in 1312. Their possessions were often taken over by the Knight’s Hospitallers of St. John, which had a commandery at Slebech, which, by 1282 at least, had passed into the hands of the Mortimers, Lords of Narberth.
The Church Hall has been improved in recent years and hosts a variety of activities, including a youth club, dance and exercise classes. Coffee mornings are organised by the Community Association. The hall is managed by the Community Council and is available to hire for parties and other events. The Clerk's details are Vicki Mitchell email@example.com For bookings see below.
On the eastern side of the A478 is a small car park adjacent to the bus stop / public toilets and a children's play area which has recently been fitted with new play equipment to suit all ages and picnic tables.