The Jubilee Hall began in 1908 as a Reading and Recreation room for the men of the Burton Parish. The room was provided by Sir Owen & Lady Scourfield of Williamston.
The Parish bought the hall in 1923 for £100, and in 1963 it was made into a charitable trust, with three trustees, to ensure permanence in the community.
In 1984 Burton Community Council were made the Custodian Trustees of the charity, and a revised constitution was agreed, and implemented.
John Wesley preached twice in the parish, August 1771, and July 1777, and a village school was founded in 1844.
£6 per hour
Not sure, but looking into this
On the PLANED/PAVS web site
Kitchen with boiler, fridge and cooker
Sprung floor suitable for dancing
On main Burton Road between Merlin’s Bridge and Burton in the village of Houghton.