The village of Summerhill stands a mile north west of Amroth. Its centre includes a former Primitive Methodist chapel, now a private residence, a bus stop, public phone box and heritage panel. Businesses include caravan and camping sites.
Amroth Parish Hall is in the village of Summerhill (SA67 8LX) and is the central feature of the Amroth and District Community Association which serves the villages of Summerhill, Pleasant Valley, Stepaside, Wiseman’s Bridge and Amroth. Our Hall is well-used at the moment. We have a sewing circle, computer classes, exercise sessions, card making classes, crochet lessons, sugarcraft, short mat bowls and a Bingo night, as well as a thriving youth club and Women’s Institute. The original hall was built in 1951 but was demolished in 2008 with the new hall opening in January 2009. The new hall also has a smaller committee room.
We have a fully fitted kitchen, public address system with DVD/CD player, projector and screen with facility for “Powerpoint “presentations etc, spotlights, induction loop, full disabled access and toilet, wireless broadband, parking and toilets. Microphones with stands are also available. The hall can accommodate approximately 120 patrons.
Mrs J. Lewis, 01834 813610
It has an advanced sound system (including a loop provision for the hard of hearing), featuring twin CD players and DVD player, a portable stage which can be adjusted to various sizes, par 56 spotlights with controllers and projector/screen facility. Microphones with stands are also available. The Hall has a well appointed kitchen area with cooker, refrigerator and microwave. It has a hatch to the main hall, together with a separate meeting room which can seat up to 20 people. There is also a free wireless internet connection. It is the ideal venue for parties, live music, conferences, wedding receptions etc.