Narberth is a busy, thriving town in the heart of Pembrokeshire. The town is situated near the A40 between Carmarthen, Haverfordwest and Tenby. There are many shops selling a wide range of goods, crafts, clothes, shoes plus the essential food and drink.
Bloomfield House was built as a private manor house for the Smith family in 1819. The last resident of Bloomfield House was a Miss Lewis Lloyd, residing in the property until she died in 1952. Between 1953 and 1979 it was owned and used by local government. When the district council proposed selling Bloomfield House a community campaign resulted in the Narberth Town Council purchasing the site in 1980 and leasing it to the Narberth and District Community and Sports Association (registered charity 512032).
Since 1980 a series of renovation and extension projects have been completed by NDCSA. The result is a large and complex building incorporating sports halls, squash courts, conference room, IT suites and various childcare, sport and education facilities.
Bloomfield has excellent sports facilities available to hire which includes two sports halls, squash courts and spacious rooms suitable for yoga, Pilates etc. The large Recreation Hall is available for a range of activities including football, netball, cricket and boccia. Bloomfield’s popular fitness suite includes free weights, cardiovascular exercise machines and resistance machines.
Disabled parking bays available
Wheelchair access to front of building
Level entrance to building
Up ramp to building
- Community Bus