Narberth is a busy, thriving town in the heart of Pembrokeshire. The town is situated not far from the A40 between Carmarthen, Haverfordwest and Tenby. There are lots of shops selling a wide range of goods, crafts, clothes, shoes plus the essential food and drink.
Bloomfield House was built as a private manor house for the Smith family in 1819. The last person to live at Bloomfield House was a Miss Lewis Lloyd, residing in the property until she died in 1952. The house was then sold to Narberth Rural District Council. Between 1953 and 1979 it was owned and used by the local government. When the district council proposed selling Bloomfield House a community campaign resulted in the town council purchasing the site in 1980 and leasing it to the Narberth and District Community Association. Since 1980 a series of renovation and extension projects have been undertaken, resulting in a large and complex building incorporating two sports halls, squash courts, conference room, IT suites and various childcare, sport and education facilities.
Bloomfield have great sports facilities available to hire which includes a tennis court, four badminton courts and two squash courts. The air dome can also be hired out for football, netball and boccia. Bloomfield’s popular fitness suite includes free weights, cardiovascular exercise machines and resistance machines.