Johnston is centrally located and one of the biggest villages in Pembrokeshire. It boasts bus, rail & cycle track links along with numerous small local retailers and businesses serving the community. Johnston is expanding rapidly with a number of new housing developments ongoing and also planned.
The centre of the village adjacent to the hall is a 10th century Norman Church, we also have a Baptist chapel and more recently the new Church of Latter Day Saints meeting house.
The hall was built in 1937 and extended in 1963. A major WAG grant was awarded in 2010 and extensive renovation has been carried out throughout 2012. The hall is licensed for 150 persons.
We are a registered charity, number 524437.
- Full stage facilities with modern stage lighting & sound system with remote mixing station to enable stage shows to be performed.
- A 10ft wide electronic drop down screen is installed with overhead projector for provision of multimedia services and also linked to IT connection facility to provide full conferencing service.
- The kitchen is for the use of any user for the preparation of hot & cold drinks and the serving of prepared snacks etc. We do not have full catering facilities. Kettles are available, very limited cutlery and plates, and only about 40 cups and saucers – no tea pots for the discerning user!
- Gas central heating throughout.
- Limited parking available opposite the hall.