The Village Hall was built in 1924 on land donated by the Thomas family of Pantglas. After the Second World War mains water came to the village, whereas up until then residents had used the pump opposite Myrtle Villa to draw water from the 60ft well. Two council houses were built in 1947 and electricity arrived in 1953. A further six council houses were built in 1955. By 1988 there were 56 properties in the village but many more have been built since over several small estates.
With its elevated rural position Tavernspite benefits from panoramic views across the county and its scenery is appreciated by the locals. It is felt to be a safe neighbourhood and has a low crime rate. Although a small village there is a thriving school with many children attending from well outside the catchment area and there is a strong community feeling. A very active playgroup is run in the village hall and there is a small play area attached to the hall. There is a social group for the more mature residents and many ladies get together at the Women’s Institute.
The village has a pub/restaurant and garden centre with a restaurant as well as a caravan site with a clubhouse. Tavernspite is seen as a very nice place to live with its central location to Haverfordwest and Carmarthen for work and close proximity to the coast for leisure.
Maximum capacity 140, but seats 80 comfortably. There is room to park a couple of cars in front of the hall but otherwise there is on road parking.
Like us on facebook – Tavernspite Village Hall
The hall has a fully equipped kitchen with crockery etc for approximately 80 people.
There is a fitted kitchen complete with an electric cooker microwave and kettle.
Electric heating in the hall.
Hall can be divided by a centre curtain
Tables and chairs available