Templeton Village Hall, Templeton

Templeton lies in the heart of Pembrokeshire with a strong sense of community spirit. It is a small, friendly and close-knit village with a wealth of historical interest and community activities. It is approximately 2 miles south of Narberth on the A478 and within five miles of the coast at Saundersfoot. It has a population of about 850. The name Templeton is thought to derive from “The Templars Farm” (“Tun”). It is reputed that the Templars had some form of religious house here. The Order of Templars, founded about 1110, was dissolved in 1312. Their possessions were often taken over by the Knight’s Hospitallers of St. John, which had a commandery at Slebech, which, by 1282 at least, had passed into the hands of the Mortimers, Lords of Narberth.

The Hall

The Hall has been improved in recent years and hosts a variety of activities, including a Young Farmers club, dance and exercise classes. There are also coffee mornings in the Hall and the popular plant sale using the playing field next to it both of which are organised by the Community Association. The Community Council also organises the annual bonfire and firework display, in association.

There are toilet facilities for users, and a kitchen available. There are 90 chairs and 16 tables available for use in the Hall. The floor is a sprung one, making it ideal for sporting or exercise activities. For winter use, heating is by meter, charging £1 for an hour’s use of the overhead heaters.

The Hall can be hired for hourly sessions, morning, afternoon or evening blocks, or the whole day. The hall is managed by the Community Council and is available to hire for parties and other events.

Features

Just across the road on the eastern side of the A478 is a small car park adjacent to the bus stop, which is ideal for Hall users. Next to this is an enclosed children’s play area with play equipment to suit all ages and picnic tables.

WheelchairWheelchair access to front of building

Contact Us